Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
My Conversational Partner:
Jon Selig’s 12 years in sales were a well-paid internship for his career in stand-up comedy. Today, he trains sales teams to highlight their prospects’ challenges though comedy writing, empowering them to be credible and memorable.
.@jonselig talks #sales, #comedy, and #kiltlifter with @dfishrockstar on the #B3podcast
Our Sponsor for This Episode
Temperance Beer Co.
Pay Attention To:
- The importance of connecting to the people we work with as humans – and how humor can do that.
- Why our prospects are getting dehumanized when they are just an entry on a CRM list.
- Human connection allows people to own-up to their real challenges.
- Sales and stand-up are more closely aligned them people think and rely on paying attention and working the numbers.
- “If you bomb in stand up, you lose your dignity. If you bomb in sales you lose your job.”
- Why this push for humanizing sales meets resistance when you get to the everyday work in a sales organization.
Things We Mentioned:
Gallup Poll on Worker Engagement
Ryan Rhoten and I talk about Sour Beers
Insights and Entertainment w/ @jonselig and @dfishrockstar on the B3 #podcast
Help the Show:
- Become a regular and help us bring you a great show by supporting us at Patreon
- Share this episode with your network.
- You can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Please leave a review on iTunes or Stitcher (5 stars are always appreciated).