My Conversational Partner:
Jon Selig’s 12 years in sales were a well-paid internship for his career in stand-up comedy. Today, he trains sales teams to highlight their prospects’ challenges though comedy writing, empowering them to be credible and memorable.
Our Sponsor for This Episode
Pay Attention To:
- The importance of connecting to the people we work with as humans – and how humor can do that.
- Why our prospects are getting dehumanized when they are just an entry on a CRM list.
- Human connection allows people to own-up to their real challenges.
- Sales and stand-up are more closely aligned them people think and rely on paying attention and working the numbers.
- “If you bomb in stand up, you lose your dignity. If you bomb in sales you lose your job.”
- Why this push for humanizing sales meets resistance when you get to the everyday work in a sales organization.
Things We Mentioned: