My Conversational Partner:
Steve Watt is the marketing director at Seismic who is leading their efforts across social selling and employee advocacy.
Our Season Sponsor:
Northcutt is an SEO agency that delivers ever-growing streams of leads and sales for enterprise, ecommerce, and cloud service brands.
In an industry saturated by hustlers and hobbyists, Northcutt approaches SEO with science, expertise, and integrity. They’re reinventing how SEO happens at scale.
Our Beer Sponsor for This Episode:
Pay Attention To:
- Social selling isn’t about transactional, easily-tracked, top-of-funnel work – it’s about relationship and reputation development.
- You have to create mindset, skillset, and toolset shifts to be effective with social selling – in that order.
- Steve’s approach is similar to the Sales Sherpa Path where you position yourself as a trusted resource and guide before buyers need you.
- The more you can approach social as a conversation instead of just a spamming platform, the more you’ll find success.
- As the B2B sales process gets more and more complex, the more value comes from having your buyers’ stakeholders aware of you.
- The way to do social right: work on the mindset, create a great profile, and then start engaging with your network regularly on LinkedIn.
- There’s a lot of great rock in Canada that doesn’t filter down, even though Canada and the US are so close.
Things We Mentioned: