My Conversational Partner:
Rob Hazan is the senior video editor at @ Properties based in Chicago, IL. And he is one of my best friends and was there when a few of us were sitting around drinking beers and talking about music and business…and I got the idea of putting that on a podcast.
Our Sponsor for This Episode
Pay Attention To:
- Good video isn’t about good equipment, we all have high quality studios in our cell phones. Good video is about having a thought-out vision for what you are conveying in a video.
- Don’t try to say to much in a video: keep your message clear and to the point.
- Take as many takes as you need – you aren’t looking for perfection, but you can’t fix things in post if you don’t have the good raw materials.
- Have a unifying theme to your video – think of it as a quick story.
- Some of the technical gems Rob dropped: keep it short (under 2 minutes), write out at least an outline beforehand, get a good microphone (even if it’s just a $20 lavalier from Amazon), and don’t move your camera – prop up your camera or get a simple tripod.
- How Rob learned to love bitter IPAs.
- Why sometimes the best ideas come out of a few beers with friends… 😉
Things We Mentioned: