My Conversational Partner:
Todd Caponi is the author of the 3x best-book-award-winning and international best-seller, The Transparency Sale. He’s also the Managing Director of Chicago’s VentureSCALE and a speaker & workshop leader as Principal of Sales Melon LLC. He is also a multi-time C-Level sales leader, a behavioral science nerd and has guided two companies to successful exits.
Our Sponsor for This Episode:
Pay Attention To:
- The difference between transparency and authenticity.
- Why 4.2/5 is the ideal review for a product.
- The psychology of “expectations” and how that influences our decision-making process.
- Todd’s wariness around “accepted” sales wisdom and why you should explore what is driving the stats you hear all of the time.
- Why remote selling is hard, but remote buying is harder. And how to remove friction from the process that your customers need to create a consensus.
- Why Todd loves a light beer in a red Solo cup.
- There’s an Old Fashioned in Minneapolis that you need to stay away from – but you’ll have to ask Todd where it is.
Things We Mentioned:
I guess we got stuck in our sales nerdery and didn’t mention much else.