My Conversational Partner:
Steve Benson is the Founder and CEO of Badger Maps, the #1 route planner for field salespeople. After receiving his MBA from Stanford, Steve joined Google, where he became Google Enterprise’s Top Sales Executive globally in 2009.
In 2012 he founded Badger Maps to help field salespeople be more successful by optimizing their routes and schedules to save time and be on time so they can sell more. He also hosts the Outside Sales Talk podcast where he interviews industry experts on their top sales tips. Steve is also the President of the Sales Hall of Fame.
- Find Steve on LinkedIn
- Check Badger Mapping website
- Listen to the Outside Sales Talk Podcast
- Connect with Steve on Twitter
Our Sponsor for This Episode
Pay Attention To:
- How and why you need to change sales KPIs during a pandemic or other economic downturn.
- Why Steve thinks you need to move towards forward looking KPIs as sales cycles become elongated.
- D. Fish and Steve look at how coverage can be a valuable sales tactic…and even use a bowling analogy to explain it.
- Steve thinks sales managers should be spending up to 50% of their time actively engaged in coaching their sales team.
- What skills should be coached on (hint, some you can guess and some you might not).
- Where to shift your team’s focus as different priorities take effect.
- The West Coast crafts that Steve is digging right now. And why he’s come a long way from kegs of Milwaukee’s Best.
- The power of having a long-term horizon to motivate you.