Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
My Conversational Partner:
Jack O’Connor is a partner at Sugar Felsenthal Grais & Helsinger LLP in Chicago. He works with business clients in distressed & healthy situation, serving clients in need of corporate restructuring and insolvency services; as well as maintaining a practice working with businesses in the heavily regulated craft beer, spirits, & cannabis industries.
Our Sponsor for This Episode
Pay Attention To:
- We’re talking businesses in distress and how it can be an opening for opportunity.
- Jack goes into detail about various ways people can file for bankruptcy.
- Jack uses the term “Fresh Start” in relation to businesses claiming. bankruptcy; D. Fish asks if that term can be used for smaller business that may get hit harder?
- Communication with creditors, landlords, lenders, etc. is a must when facing challenging times in business. “Stay above board,” even when its scary and uncomfortable.
- Building relationships is important in context of bankruptcy and in general.
- Are breweries in more danger during this time? O’Connor and D Fish discuss the in’s and out’s.
- D. Fish and Jack go into the depths of the beer abyss, listen in!
Things we mentioned:
- Deth’s Tar from Revolution Brewing
- Hop Butcher West Coast Pale Ale
- Bourbon-Barrel Aged Dark Star
- Pipeworks Helles
- Half Acre Fader Pilsner
- Firestone Walker Pivo Pilsner
Help the Show:
- Become a regular and help us bring you a great show by supporting us at Patreon
- Share this episode with your network.
- You can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Please leave a review on iTunes or Stitcher (5 stars are always appreciated).