My Conversational Partner:
Joey Davenport is the president of the Hoopis Performance Network in Chicago which provides digital learning and development resources to the financial services industry worldwide. HPN is recognized by Inc. 5,000 as one of the fastest growing privately held businesses in the United States.
[easy-tweet tweet=”.@Joey_Davenport talks #trust, #businessrelationships, and #Chicagobeer with @dfishrockstar on the #B3podcast”]
Our Sponsor for This Episode
Pay Attention To:
- We talk building trust in business by putting the clients needs over the businesses needs, especially in the midst of a global pandemic.
- Key tips for gaining/keeping trust is listening, mindfulness and emotional intelligence.
- Davenport highlights research from the Million Dollar Round Table, that the number 1 trait an advisor needs in business is emotional intelligence. All while doing this virtually is critically important!
- People to people skills has become front and center-David’s been beating this drum for years!
- D. Fish and Davenport dive into their favorite beers and go back forth to decide whether or not D. Fish is a beer snob! Listen in to find out the verdict!
- The act of listening will be crucial, taking mental health into consideration when partnering with clients during this time is important.
- KEY: Be interested, not interesting when connecting in business.
- We talk avoiding judgment. Be mindful of your micro tendencies to judge when client/business partners are being vulnerable.
- View yourself as trying to be a resource for others. Connect people with one another!
- Davenport talks about his jazz/blues band Hot LZ and their new album Fuzz Buster, based right here in Chicago!
- Guest Tip: Think about the things in your life that you’re grateful for.
Things We Mentioned:
[easy-tweet tweet=”Insights and Entertainment w/ @Joey_Davenport and @dfishrockstar on the B3 #podcast”]