My Conversational Partner:
Steve Johnson helps people and organizations become stronger in their communications as the principle of SJ Connects. He focuses on helping them be more strategic with their communication and think before they speak.
[easy-tweet tweet=”.@sjconnects talks #communication, #authenticity, and #virtuosity with @dfishrockstar on the #B3podcast”]
Our Sponsor for This Episode
Pay Attention To:
- The concept of Empathy can help businesses in the midst of the pandemic, therefore, acknowledge how people are doing during this time.
- More people tapping into showing empathy, something not everyone was doing before pandemic, it’s a great time for self-awareness.
- Steve’s way of Coaching: Reach out in an emotional and human way that achieves the objectives of your business by asking what are they thinking right now? How are they feeling? Are you putting it into words or are you using it as covert information to angle yourself?
- Key for recovery after pandemic settles is; who thought of the people they’re serving before hand?
- Within the first two weeks of the pandemic was your organization/company apart of the audience’s tribe? Can your audience trust you?
- Listen out for how The Wine Goddess in Evanston reached out to her tribe in an empathetic way.
- Strategy and discernment when reaching out to audiences is a must!
- Speak clearly and speak simply
- Self-Awareness Moment: Many people haven’t shown empathy before the pandemic, but now there’s a shift in how we show up for one another.
- Steve loves heavy metal and Jazz- do you have a favorite metal and or jazz band?
Things We Mentioned:
[easy-tweet tweet=”Insights and Entertainment w/ @sjconnects and @dfishrockstar on the B3 #podcast”]