My Conversational Partner:
Cesar Maron is the founder and head brewer at Sketchbook Brewing, a community-supported nano-brewery in Evanston, Illinois. He and the whole team make amazing beer and have created a great space for beer-lovers in Evanston. In fact, I’m writing these notes at their tap room on Chicago Ave.
[easy-tweet tweet=”.@Sketchbookbrew talks #community, #craftbrew, and #evanston beer with @dfishrockstar on the #B3podcast”]
Beer of the Show:
Pay Attention To:
- What it’s like to have a community-oriented business
- The story of going from a homebrewing gig to winning the world series of craft brewing competitions.
- The power of moving forward even though you are afraid (the trick – put in the work).
- What should you consider before before you go from passion project to business owner.
- Do you like to clean the bathroom? You might be a good brewer (the power of apprenticeship).
- How to start appreciating beer.
Things We Mentioned:
“Context and memory play powerful roles in all the truly great meals in one’s life.” – Anthony Bourdain
What Cesar might have in his refrigerator these days:
[easy-tweet tweet=”Education and Entertainment w/ @sketchbookbrew and @dfishrockstar on the B3 #podcast”]
Help the Show:
- Become a regular and help us bring you a great show by supporting us at Patreon
- Share this episode with your network.
- You can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Please leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher (5 stars are always appreciated).
- If you want to hear more news from D. Fish and Beer, Beats, & Business including and beyond the podcasts, join the newsletter mailing list.