Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
My Conversational Partner:
Amy Slutzky is a nationally board-certified counselor, an award-winning teacher, and one of my closet friends. As the founder of Live N’ Learn Consulting, her goal is to help individuals and families be their best selves by using successes in the past to confront and conquer current life challenges. She also helps traditional schools and community organizations fill the teaching toolboxes of all classroom teachers with strategies that give insights into the psychology of students.
- Connect with Amy on LinkedIn
- Visit Live N’ Learn Consulting Online
- Check out Live N’ Learn on Facebook
Listen to Amy Slutzky talk #mentalhealth, #psychology, and #YAfiction with @dfishrockstar on the #B3podcast
Pay Attention To:
- How the experience of mental health care isn’t like the movies.
- The power of talk therapy – and when pills are necessary (and when they’re not).
- How to take the first steps to getting help.
- The power of positive asset search.
- Why it’s important to treat yourself as well as you treat others.
- How YA fiction helps Amy connect with at-risk youth.
Things We Mentioned:
Time article on antidepressant use
Learn More about Ellen Hopkins
Since Amy plugged my books, I’ll include a link 🙂
Education & Entertainment w/Amy Slutzky & @dfishrockstar on the B3 #podcast
Help the Show:
- Become a regular and help us bring you a great show by supporting us at Patreon
- Share this episode with your network.
- You can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Please leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher (5 stars are always appreciated).
- If you want to hear more news from D. Fish and Beer, Beats, & Business including and beyond the podcasts, join the newsletter mailing list.