My Conversational Partner:
Mike Dwyer is an expert at using digital communication for recruiting and developing culture, especially in the tech start-up world. It probably helps that he’s also been a fixture in the improv scene in Chicago for over 15 years, especially at the Playground Theater. I call him Mikey Truffles based on a funny story that I heard second hand and we’ve run with it for years. He’s that kind of guy.
[easy-tweet tweet=”Listen to @cruiter talk #improv and #culture with @dfishrockstar on the #B3podcast”]
Pay Attention To:
- The power of core values for an organizational culture or on an improv team.
- What might happen if everyone in an organization followed the “yes, and” rule from improv.
- How technology has democratized the talent acquisition function and enabled small companies to get connected to the right hires around the world.
- The pluses and minuses of working remotely – and why it might be better for companies to keep people at the office.
- How organizations can integrate the generations into a new work model.
- The ways that improv lessons may make you a better business person, and just a better person in general.
- Why Mike and I shouldn’t sing freestyle jazz…
Things We Mentioned:
[easy-tweet tweet=”Education & Entertainment w/ @cruiter & @dfishrockstar on the Beer, Beats, & Business #podcast”]
Help the Show:
- Share this episode with your network.
- You can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Please leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher (5 stars are always appreciated).
- If you want to hear more news from D. Fish and Beer, Beats, & Business including and beyond the podcasts, join the newsletter mailing list.