My Conversational Partner:
Jill Rowley is a sales professional trapped in a marketer’s body. She spent 52 quarters on quota at Salesforce and Eloqua. Jill’s now a social selling evangelist and startup advisor. She’s super-smart and super-passionate about the same subjects that I am, and I had a feeling we would go both wide and deep in our conversation. And we did. You’re welcome!
Pay Attention To:
- What social selling really is and why it’s controversial.
- Why you can’t hide from your good and bad online.
- The challenges for young people in creating an authentic identity, offline and online.
- The power of empathy.
- Jill’s great example of how she used “social selling” to connect with a client.
- Ideas for how to adopt social selling into your business.
Things We Mentioned:
- American Girls: Social Media and the Secret Lives of Teenagers by Nancy Jo Sales
- Reclaiming Conversation by Sherry Turkle
- Alone Together by Sherry Turkle
- Social Selling Mastery by Jamie Shanks
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution by Klaus Schwab
Help the Show:
- Become a regular and help us bring you a great show by supporting us at Patreon
- Share this episode with your network.
- You can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Please leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher (5 stars are always appreciated).
- If you want to hear more news from D. Fish and Beer, Beats, & Business including and beyond the podcasts, join the newsletter mailing list.